SUBMIT PARTICIPANT APPLICATION TO:
Center for the Study of
2158 Palomar Ave.
Ventura, CA 93001 USA
- In southern Mongolia,
at approximately 42'30"N and 108E. This is very near the
Chinese border, and adjacent to the borders of the Dornod-Gobi
and Umen-Gobi Mongolian aimags (states). See
Excavation or rescue of 18-20
mummies of unknown date and age. This will be a reconnaissance
expedition in conjunction with the joint Mongolian-US expedition
in the Baga
Gazrynn Chuulu region.
CHRONOLOGICAL RANGE OF SITES
PROJECT DATES for VOLUNTEERS
- August 2 to August 16, 2004
- April 1, 2004, initial application and deposit
- May 1, 2004, final contribution.
Because of the time needed to
process documents in Ulaanbaatar and to obtain visas from the
Mongolian Embassy in Washington DC,or other Mongolian Consulates,
the deadline for applications must be strictly adhered to. Please
refer to the Participant Application
COST PER SESSION
- Tax deductible donation of $1400.
- Includes 1-2 nights lodging in Ulaanbaatar at
beginning and end of session
- Meals in the field
- Ttransport to and from site using local buses.
- Travel to Mongolia and insurance not included.
- Participants must bring their own camp gear
NOT INCLUDED IN THE CONTRIBUTION
- Minimum age, 20
- No experience required.
- Training will be provided by both American and
- It is important that Participants are able to
withstand challenging field conditions, a moderate workload (especially
hiking), living in tents under semi-desert conditions, and a meat
- Participants should also
have a good sense of humor and be able to cope with a country
where Murphy's Law reigns supreme.
- It needs to be emphasized that this project is
in a fairly remote part of Mongolia and participants will be living
in very simple conditions.
- Center for the Study of Eurasian Nomads (CSEN)
2158 Palomar Ave.
Ventura, CA 93001
- For additional information contact the CSEN
Project Director at