ELIGIBILITY for a CSEN SCHOLARSHIP
To be eligible for a scholarship, a student must
- Be currently registered in an accredited college or
university (worldwide) with the expectation of returning to that university
in the fall of 2005.
- Will have completed his/her Bachelor of Art or Science
degree in or related to archaeology or ethnography by June 15, 2005
or is enrolled in a graduate program.
- Meet the qualifications to participate in the excavation
of choice sponsored by CSEN.
- Must contribute at least 45% of the total expense for
transportation and contribution to the project.
To apply, students must submit in a single package:
- An email inquiry to should be made to firstname.lastname@example.org
before submitting an appliction.
- A completed CSEN Participant Application specifying the excavation
of choice from those available as listed in the CSEN Fieldwork Opportunities,
placed on the CSEN Website http://csen.org.
- All specified attachments to the Application.
- A two-page written essay (1.5 spacing, Times or Times Roman font,
12 pts) explaining why he/she would like to participate in the excavation
- A separate page detailing his/her financial situation, including school
tuition, and other expenses, and the source and amount of funds he/she
will be able to contribute toward round trip transportation and participant
contribution. These funds may come from other grants, scholarships,
gifts, loans, etc.
- Proof of current enrollment in a college or university.
- Proof of a passport valid for two months beyond the final date of
the excavation of choice, or a letter of intent that he/she will have
this document six weeks before the beginning of the excavation of choice.
If a passport is available, a copy of the information page should be
included with the application.
Under separate cover the applicant must arrange to have sent to CSEN
- Two letters of recommendation from professors or others who are congizant
of the applicant's abilities in archaeology or ethnography or related
Submit completed application and letter of recommendation
Center for the Study of Eurasian Nomads
CSEN Scholarship Fund
2158 Palomar Ave.
Ventura, CA 93001 USA
DEADLINE for SUBMITTING CSEN SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATIONS
- Applications and letters of recommendations must be received by
CSEN four (4) weeks before the closing deadline for the application/contribution
deposit as noted in the excavation of choice.
- For instance, if the CSEN Application/contribution deposit is due
by April 15, 2004, the CSEN Scholarship Application is due March 15,
NOTIFICATION of SCHOLARSHIP AWARDS
- Applications will be reviewed by the Sponsoring organizations.
- An applicant will be notified of acceptance for a CSEN Scholarship
six weeks before the start of the excavation of choice.
- Applicants granted a scholarship must notify CSEN of his/her acceptance
of the scholarship one week after receiving notification.
- If CSEN does not receive an acceptance within one week, CSEN reserves
the right to withdraw the scholarship from the original recipient and
to select an alternate.
- It is the responsibility of an applicant to notify CSEN of any change
in email or mailing address and phone number(s).
- Only the CSEN Board of Directors and scholarship sponsors will have
access to any information submitted by an applicant and all information
will remain confidential